By Sean Manning
If the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy teaches us anything (other than that the ironic love of pirate kitsch runs deep), it’s that childhood nostalgia is ripe for the coming-soon-to-a-multiplex-near-you rampage. And when it gets there, it’s not just bigger and louder and more special-effects laden (ahem, Transformers), it’s got edge. Take, for instance, upcoming yuletide turd Alvin and the Chipmunks. Starring Jason Lee, from, like, you know, edgy independent movies, and three thugged-out updates of our favorite helium-voiced rodents, the movie is sure to be a knee-slapper. We may have already found this year’s answer to the Santa Clause 3 -- a movie so mind-bogglingly, infuriatingly stupid that it will likely incite outbursts of rage every time a bus plastered with an advertisement rolls by.
Hey Jason Lee, did you shave off your dignity along with your My Name is Earl 'stache?
Most Commented On
- Eris Mars daughter was getting second hand soda? - July 23, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 23, 2014
- The only "funny" thing... is - July 23, 2014
- We don't need a masterpiece - July 23, 2014
- We must be multicultural and diverse - July 23, 2014
- Muni is an anachronism - July 23, 2014
- The sick-out made me a - July 23, 2014
- Muni fares should reflect costs - July 23, 2014
- Growth potential - July 23, 2014
- TIFF diary #2: dead cheerleaders + Tsai, Hong, and Breillat - July 23, 2014