Tired of turkey? Had it with ham? Chucking the…yeah, well, you get the idea.
By Amber Peckham
If the holiday fare for the last few years has become as boring as your relatives, you might want to sign up for the free – yes, free - vegan cooking class being offered by Wellness Central on November 18. The class will be held in the Loughborough Center and will last around 90 minutes. Vegan nutritionist Patricia Allen Koot will present, and nationally syndicated host of Go Vegan Radio, Bob Lynden, also will make an appearance.
Without the Wellness Central class, this is what your meat-free meal will look like.
“We wanted to make people aware of the nutrition options they have, especially around this time of year, when people tend to get sick.” said David Koot, Wellness Central’s executive director. The Petaluma-based non-profit offers not only workshops and classes on a wide range of topics, but also health and lifestyle mentoring for individuals. This cooking class is the first of many events they hope to hold in San Francisco.
The class will consist of a presentation about getting all your essential fats and proteins without eating meat, followed by hands-on food preparation, free recipes, and, of course, samples of completed dishes that will make your taste buds sing Alleluia. Or Maoz Tur. Ujima. The Monday Night Football theme. Whatever floats your little wintertime boat.
Vegan Holiday Cooking Class presented by Wellness Central
November 18, 2007
2:00 p.m, free (though pre-registration is encouraged)
1844 Broderick, SF
Can’t make it to the class? Try these vegan recipes to liven up your holiday table:
Most Commented On
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - July 31, 2014
- Guest is on the money - July 31, 2014
- tcTYGeyRdjlOsJzZJFnl - July 31, 2014
- Natural Areas and Playgrounds in SF - July 31, 2014
- Natural - July 31, 2014
- Do "nice young men" overdo gang signs? - July 31, 2014
- Paul, it's touching that you see Emma as weak and needing to be - July 31, 2014
- Wow guys - July 31, 2014
- I've been working for 25 years and I've never seen an - July 31, 2014
- IEFEMWGNLLl - July 31, 2014