By Kimberly Chun
It's been months, but I'm still reeling from the loss of the Built by Wendy boutique on 20th Street. Yeah, yeah, I know - who could afford any of those cute lil' indie-rocker outfits? A gal can dream...
But now a few doors down from the old space, a fab mutant lovely has moved in: Bianca Starr. The brand new girl on the block - all of six weeks old - combines Painted Bird thrifty cool with a major dollop of Krystle Carrington '80s glam. The store motto: "A women's boutique where you leave your inhibitions at the door."
Lighting bolt-emblazoned heels, jewel-tone silky frocks, Ferragamo pumps with baby pyramid heels, and the works, all with a distinctively Reagan-era club-kid edge. And the vintage wares are rather reasonably priced to boot - so all those pennies saved with the loss of Built by Wendy can go straight to Starr. Zoom.
3552 20th St., SF
Most Commented On
- People moved from the cities - July 30, 2014
- Most San Franciscans could - July 30, 2014
- No Wall on the Waterfront wins big, Chiu prevails in Assembly - July 30, 2014
- Money is rhe ultimate barbarian - July 30, 2014
- Suburbs bailed no one out.. - July 30, 2014
- dịch vụ thành lập doanh nghiệp - July 30, 2014
- băng tải công nghiệp - July 30, 2014
- Live Review: My Bloody Valentine’s SF show feels like - July 30, 2014
- hướng dẫn đăng bài ở đây - July 30, 2014
- cam on da cho dang bai - July 30, 2014