By Kimberly Chun
It's been months, but I'm still reeling from the loss of the Built by Wendy boutique on 20th Street. Yeah, yeah, I know - who could afford any of those cute lil' indie-rocker outfits? A gal can dream...
But now a few doors down from the old space, a fab mutant lovely has moved in: Bianca Starr. The brand new girl on the block - all of six weeks old - combines Painted Bird thrifty cool with a major dollop of Krystle Carrington '80s glam. The store motto: "A women's boutique where you leave your inhibitions at the door."
Lighting bolt-emblazoned heels, jewel-tone silky frocks, Ferragamo pumps with baby pyramid heels, and the works, all with a distinctively Reagan-era club-kid edge. And the vintage wares are rather reasonably priced to boot - so all those pennies saved with the loss of Built by Wendy can go straight to Starr. Zoom.
3552 20th St., SF
Most Commented On
- Don't be a Glasshole - April 20, 2014
- Fast bills - April 19, 2014
- oOmHLcSCPSbnNiFq - April 19, 2014
- cEBpuLEIoWvA - April 19, 2014
- Guardian honored for investigation of buying influence at City - April 19, 2014
- BEST SPELL CASTER - April 19, 2014
- A radical proposal: Squat Airbnb hosts' homes to create - April 19, 2014
- drabiza helped me - April 19, 2014
- tqofVkihgbk - April 19, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - April 19, 2014