By Caitlin Donohue
Sports give me that same special something that I love about all cultural events- even if you don’t know what the hell is going on, they’re great to project onto. The thrill of victory, the crush of defeat, these are clichés for a reason. You can dig an athlete’s face when they get that big win or fall down on their ass- whether you hit the courts on the regular or get more exercise on your daily commute (/flight from the cops/stripper pole).
So the Guardian’s getting physical, San Francisco. Here’s the first installation of our new local sport series, “Game Theory.” Feel free to holler at us if you’ve got a big game coming up.
Lady Don Brittany Brumfield gets low on D against Tennessee. Photo by Erik Anderson
When we walked into the University of San Francisco War Memorial basketball court, the Lady Dons were down by twenty points. In the first quarter. Which would be a huge bummer if you didn’t take into account the following background informations:
Most Commented On
- music widgets for wordpress - December 13, 2013
- music widgets for websites - December 13, 2013
- music windows gadgets for windows 7 - December 13, 2013
- Translation of that lofty - December 13, 2013
- "Might want to try that sober - December 13, 2013
- More whining from a ardently - December 13, 2013
- Agreed. I don't think tech - December 13, 2013
- Street wall art is becoming a - December 13, 2013
- "Cycling is popular with tech - December 13, 2013
- stainless steel - December 13, 2013