Bowled over. Photo by Kimberly Chun.
By Kimberly Chun
Hmm, is there a nicer place to hunker down on a chilly, wind-swept winter day in the Outer Sunset than Outerlands? Even better is a spot at one of the weathered wood tables, over a grilled cheese sandwich made with the restaurant’s homemade levain toast and an ample bowl of hearty garlic soup -- the latter is pungent and addictive, with a bite that won’t kill you. Love the chip garnish. A delightful side: ginger lemon apple cider, hot, fulfilling, and thoroughly comforting. I’d make Outerlands my own personal warming hut, if I could.
4001 Judah Street
San francisco, California 94112
Most Commented On
- Another new to town progressive. - March 9, 2014
- No, government surveillance wrong, period. - March 9, 2014
- Government surveillance is bad - March 8, 2014
- San Francisco Needs Speed Cameras - March 8, 2014
- Just Like You - March 8, 2014
- Wow Why Didn't I Think Of That???? - March 8, 2014
- That Is Sociopath Guest Steven - March 8, 2014
- Go Read Your History Book - March 8, 2014
- Have you ever considered - March 8, 2014
- Making real-time surveillance - March 8, 2014