By Virginia Miller of www.theperfectspotsf.com.
EARLY TAKES ON THE LATEST RESTAURANT OPENINGS, Part Two
Continued from last week... I made initial visits in the first week or two of opening to give you an early take on these new, buzzed-about spots. Of course, more visits to come, realizing each needs time to settle in and claim their identity on our dense culinary map.
Beef speidini at Delarosa. Photos by Virginia Miller
Delarosa keeps up in the Marina
Delarosa recently opened in the Marina from the Beretta and Starbelly & folks, with heavy menu similarities, fine cocktails reminiscent of the former, draft beers like the latter. Having been many a time to both, I expected a "been there/done that" experience, which is only sort of accurate.
The shiny white and orange of the space was a bit sterile for me, and the Marina location ensures I probably won't get there too often. But I'd recommend it to anyone who lives nearby or in the 'hood. Service couldn't be sweeter - I noticed they went above and beyond to address a couple minor concerns from nearby guests, giving free food and ensuring goodwill all around. Being open all day is a huge plus, and as a cocktail fanatic, I find theirs keep up (they do a mean Rye Flip: rye, whole egg, sugar, freshly grated nutmeg).
Most Commented On
- By the look of your picture, you're 20 years older than me. - May 22, 2013
- Oh, so you are SFBG's non-SF expert? - May 22, 2013
- JW, maybe start by learning how to follow a thread. - May 22, 2013
- Iron - May 22, 2013
- Well said and about time - May 22, 2013
- "SFBG wanted a expert on local politics" - May 22, 2013
- Abusing your readers is a great way to start your working life. - May 22, 2013
- Lilli isn't the sharpest tool in the box. - May 22, 2013
- Non-renewables are also subsidized - May 22, 2013
- 15.4% Gay - May 22, 2013