By Caitlin Donohue
This weekend, one of the nation’s largest get togethers of yoga masters, devotees and novices is going down just a bus ride from your front door. We’re talking all star yogis sharing their knowledge of kirtans, sun salutations and the business of starting your own yoga enterprise. But will you be snagging a ticket to attend the 7th Annual Yoga Journal San Francisco Conference?
I’m going to guess the answer is namaste you very much, but no. That’s because the price tag for the conference stands at $956 for a full five day pass. And no, that’s not including such luxuries as lodging, food and transportation. A single day pass for Saturday or Sunday is still gonna run you $285 worth of downward facing dog.
So maybe you won’t catch the Michael Franti/ Sean Corn vinyasa workshop (stay human guys, the class sold out awhile ago, anyway). But you may be surprised to hear that Yoga Journal has organized some special events for SF yogis who haven’t quite hit Rainbeau Mars’ income bracket. After the jump, a list of some of the open attendance, free of charge chances to focus on your breath this weekend.
Most Commented On
- No one gives a shit what it is - December 21, 2013
- TIm Draper - who wants to split CA into 6 different states? - December 21, 2013
- It's no longer anywhere near 73% - December 21, 2013
- It's 51% now - December 21, 2013
- Where do you live and where - December 21, 2013
- I'm glad the BG (the - December 21, 2013
- That's an awful thing to say. - December 21, 2013
- You again with the Move to - December 21, 2013
- What part of "official poll" don't you understand? - December 21, 2013
- So you're fine to subsidize tech companies - December 21, 2013