The Daily Blurgh: Terrorists get Triscuits, fascists get beans, gingers get MIA
Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond.
In "Calfornia lawmakers with no grip on reality" news: this again? When will you learn, Maude Flanders of Sacramento? Whatever kids won't be able to glean from Left 4 Dead 2 because of your "good intentions," they can easily pick up in any one of the Saw films (or the evening news). What you gonna do when the zombies come, anyway?
Debate: If a street artist who has already sold out (but is hip to that fact, so "selling out" becomes a meta-commentary on selling out), goes shopping for pricey, "heritage" jeans spun from the souls of kodama on looms built from the remnants of the true cross, is he still a sell out?
"Walter Benjamin, or rather, the now-beloved figure of Benjamin -- shuffling, myopic, mustachioed, fat, unhealthy, small round glasses glinting like flashlights -- was largely unattractive in his own lifetime." I smell an Oscar-in-waiting for Richard Dreyfuss.
98 years ago: man in drunk-tank saved from fiery death by boozy ways, Providence.
Most Commented On
- There are lots of employee shuttles in NYC - December 21, 2013
- Alt-folk singer Michelle Shocked goes on homophobic rant, Yoshi' - December 21, 2013
- The other path to unionization - December 21, 2013
- Really, cool the hyperbole. - December 21, 2013
- come to ny - December 21, 2013
- Shelter is a basic need but - December 21, 2013
- Agree, marcos. I am happy for these losers to be "heard" - December 21, 2013
- this... - December 21, 2013
- Shelter is a level 1 - December 21, 2013
- Ballad of Gopman - December 21, 2013