The Daily Blurgh: Terrorists get Triscuits, fascists get beans, gingers get MIA
Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond.
In "Calfornia lawmakers with no grip on reality" news: this again? When will you learn, Maude Flanders of Sacramento? Whatever kids won't be able to glean from Left 4 Dead 2 because of your "good intentions," they can easily pick up in any one of the Saw films (or the evening news). What you gonna do when the zombies come, anyway?
Debate: If a street artist who has already sold out (but is hip to that fact, so "selling out" becomes a meta-commentary on selling out), goes shopping for pricey, "heritage" jeans spun from the souls of kodama on looms built from the remnants of the true cross, is he still a sell out?
"Walter Benjamin, or rather, the now-beloved figure of Benjamin -- shuffling, myopic, mustachioed, fat, unhealthy, small round glasses glinting like flashlights -- was largely unattractive in his own lifetime." I smell an Oscar-in-waiting for Richard Dreyfuss.
98 years ago: man in drunk-tank saved from fiery death by boozy ways, Providence.
Most Commented On
- The GOP were also written off in 2008 when Obama won and then - May 25, 2013
- "We never miss a chance to prove how politically savvy we are" - May 25, 2013
- Some do; some don't. - May 25, 2013
- Because they don't want to admit they're the patsies. - May 25, 2013
- My bad. Apologies to the real Starchild. - May 25, 2013
- Some great examples of non-Islamic terrorism, Gr, but - May 25, 2013
- "I get the wage I get because - May 25, 2013
- "The worst part of this is - May 25, 2013
- "This was not the case in my - May 25, 2013
- You said your combined income is over 100K - May 25, 2013