Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Today in fashion: Oakland lifts century-old ban on cross-dressing, Parisian women can now legally wear pants, and persons of any gender can express their displeasure at the state of Arizona with a t-shirt (American flag shirts, however, can get you into hot water).
You're never too young to violate California labor laws.
Oil-sucking "brooms" made from stray pet hair help save the environment, resemble rotting salami.
This is why "No Substitutions" is totally fair game in a restaurant.
Edith Wharton meets Choose Your Own Adventure
Boob tube still bringing folks together, one couch potato at a time: "Like all social activities, television-watching demands compromise. People may have strong ideas about what they want to watch, but what they really want to do is watch together."
Scopitone Week continues! Click here to learn more about Scopitones. Continuing with our survey of the ladies of Scopitone, today's clip returns us to France. Here's the boysih Stella, with "Le Vampire," one of her send-ups of the ye-ye style popularized by such other Scopitone cuties as France Gall. You know MJ totally bit this for the Thriller video. (Just like he bit another French classic.)
Most Commented On
- QlqcTtZrpwYSONIYQLF - April 20, 2014
- SEMUueRdKsAVMzqo - April 20, 2014
- lnIFiwpjNT - April 20, 2014
- jGfaTIqiOHCWhJSH - April 20, 2014
- ZcjTtrvpXgy - April 20, 2014
- "Why'd you do it?" we ask Fake Google employee Max Bell Alper - April 20, 2014
- FUUGUmmPWixbEuLgP - April 20, 2014
- UUBIhhgKmabXBsaR - April 20, 2014
- This is my testimony about - April 20, 2014
- he is a great spell caster - April 20, 2014