Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Large, hairy gay men fashionably invaded Berkeley Art Museum on Mother's Day in honor of large, hairy Belgian fashion designer. Did you go? We'd love to hear your on-the-scene reports. (Alas, we were dining with Mum).
Welcome to Yuba County, SF's rural dumping ground.
Flashmobs: the new unions?
Pop artists' estate's grasp on copyright loosened by artist's "popular" source material: "Roy Lichetenstein's estate has seen the light. After threatening copyright litigation against an indie band whose CD cover remixed the same comic book panel that the pop artist made famous, the estate has withdrawn the threat and no longer claims to own the rights to everything that rips off the same stuff that Lichtenstein copied."
SFMOMA has announced the shortlist of architects in consideration for its $250 million expansion. The final four are: Foster + Partners, Diller Scofidio + Renfro, David Adjaye Associates, and Snøhetta.
Forget prostituting yourself for American Apparel. Can you make sexyface while wearing a messenger bag? Then Timbuk2 wants you!
Sam McPheeters: I saw John Carpenter speak in 2002. He was 54 then, but he looked ten years older, and he talked for a while about his sagging energy levels. You’re the same age now, right?
Glenn Danzig: Give or take.
SM: Well, you look my age and it’s kind of weirding me out. Do you ever have problems with your energy levels?
SM: What’s your secret?
GD: I don’t know. I don’t eat shit food. I don’t do drugs. I don’t know what else to tell you.
SM: I’m 40. I don’t do any of those things. I eat salad for lunch. And I wake up almost every day feeling like a wet bag of sand.
GD: Salad is terrible if you put creamy crap on it.
SM: It’s low-fat creamy crap!
GD: There’s no such thing.
Speaking of a comic Danzig:
Today in "no, The Onion didn't make this shit up" campaign ads:
Most Commented On
- i am netasha from south - April 23, 2014
- a spellcaster online - April 23, 2014
- thank for your help today - April 23, 2014
- spell casting - April 23, 2014
- oojppcpg - April 23, 2014
- Dr Lumba Brought Back My Lover - April 23, 2014
- It's true - SFBG prefer purity and achieving nothing to - April 23, 2014
- Still goes to poor political judgement and instincts - April 23, 2014
- Only two of the eleven Supes are hardline lefties - April 23, 2014
- With due respect all thank - April 23, 2014