This long-anticipated bar is in the former SF Brewing Company on Columbus, a 1907 building on the Barbary Coast trail with a Barbary Coast past honored in the restoration of mahogany bar, Victorian furniture, turn-of-the-century saloon look and menu (Beef Shank with Bone Marrow Pot Pie, anyone?) from Chef Carlo Espinas, formerly of Piccino Cafe. Cocktails ($8-12) are the classics, the kind found in pages of The Savoy Cocktail Book or Charles H. Baker's Gentleman's Companion, and all-time greats like a Negroni or Sazerac (two of my favorites).
155 Columbus Ave, SF.
Most Commented On
- Me too. I like that as well. - July 10, 2014
- ABC7's pedestrian safety coverage courts controversy - July 10, 2014
- I was there. I have to say, - July 10, 2014
- Isn't it the nonprofit - July 10, 2014
- From SF Gate: "The sale will - July 10, 2014
- I like how you specifically - July 10, 2014
- Some people don't have homes - July 10, 2014
- What the initiative really says. - July 10, 2014
- Why not single family homes - July 10, 2014
- Most would rather have the - July 10, 2014