Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Greasy Russian sailors, unearthed ships, and shanghaied coppers: Chris Carlsson sails through tales of maritime transit from SF's past.
Oh, honey don't forget to stop in at Walgreens on your way home and pick up some shampoo, trash bags, and a DNA test.
"There is a cynicism to this project that suggests that the producers did not feel much need to do it very well just because they have some terrific character actors in all the leading roles (save maybe for Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer), and even in some minor ones (Samuel L. Jackson, Jr., mails in his one scene as Nick Fury, making me wish they’d gotten Laurence Fishburne). Just fill it out with special effects & heavy metal music & take it to the bank. Getting the director of Elf to helm the project is just one index of how Marvel cut costs wherever it was felt they weren’t necessary. Like direction." Poet Ron Silliman reviews Iron Man 2.
People who say, "bleachedcarbsdairyanythingtoxinfilledeverything makes me feel ill," please stop hyperventilating. You aren't actually allergic.
Wake up Gary!
Most Commented On
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 11, 2014
- Obviously white male hets are - July 11, 2014
- It was really important to play a race card there - July 11, 2014
- From the mouths of BART workers; cleaning the dreaded - July 11, 2014
- Amoeba - July 11, 2014
- "In addition to levying the - July 11, 2014
- A 'reasonable' cheek swab - July 11, 2014
- Again, I disagree. Once you put information out there then it is - July 11, 2014
- Yes, it is so much more important that you have cheap rent - July 11, 2014
- Greg, you are correct there is no problem if and only if - July 11, 2014