Live Shots: Fact/SF presents "The Consumption Series," Mama Calizo's Voice Factory, 5/6/2010
Intimacy and personal space play a large role in Charles Slender's new dance-theater production entitled The Consumption Series from dance company Fact/SF. (The show continues through Sat/15.) As my girl date for the night, Suzy Q, put it: "I've never been that close to live dancers in my whole life!"
They were so close that you could see individual beads of sweat dripping down their faces and feel their bodies graze your legs as they scooted on their bellies under your seat. That's pretty close and intimate. Running 75 minutes, this performance is chock-full of emotion, energy, laughter and evokes a little bit of Rihanna's "disturbia" too. The show takes a penetrating look at the many apects of consumerism.
Sometimes the dancers are sexy, flirting with themselves in a huge floor length mirror. Sometimes they are vicious, devouring whole tangerines and spitting them out. Sometimes they are bizarre, dancing with buckets on their heads and cradling huge headless plastic dolls in their arms. You never know what's coming next, but you know it's going to be interesting and beautiful. The show runs 'til May 15th, so go treat yourself to a night of totally consuming entertainment.
THE CONSUMPTION SERIES
continues May 13-15
Mama Calizo's Voice Factory
1519 Mission, SF.
Most Commented On
- Greg is a celebrity only in his own fantasies. - March 15, 2014
- Nobody uses cliches more than progressives - March 15, 2014
- If you walk up to a cop and ask to be arrested then you will NOT - March 15, 2014
- I had no idea this Greg - March 15, 2014
- Aspen!!! - March 15, 2014
- All protesters get charged with resisting arrest - March 15, 2014
- If you are a success then you like cops because it is the cops - March 15, 2014
- Yeah, Greg is the perfect example of CCSF fodder. - March 15, 2014
- at least he has moved on from - March 15, 2014
- Who likes cops really? - March 15, 2014