Sat/22 -- hereforthwith known to the State of California and someday to the US and World as Harvey Milk Day -- is going to be a big gay deal. One of the primo partyish events, however, will be the tricycle-team race Tour de Castro, put on by those gloriously roamin'-handed Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Grab two-to-five friends to make your trike-team, and register by Sat/15 for a totally fun-filled way to celebrate Ms. Milk AND raise money for AIDS. Straight people totally accepted! (We're open like that). Bonus: It's also a bar crawl. Details after the jump.
FROM UNDER THE DESK OF SISTER VIVA L'AMOUR
The Tour de Castro is a race, bar crawl, costume, raffle, and fundraiser extravaganza benefiting AIDS/LifeCycle 9 bike riders who are still need of donations to reach the minimum $3,000 required to participate in the annual ride. As in previous years, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence want to make sure everyone rides!
Teams of 2 to 5 riders will race to several Upper Market/Castro neighborhood “pit stops”. Participants are asked to find sponsors who pledge a donation to the riders for each stop they successfully complete. A grand prize is awarded to the team raising the most donations. The first three contestants to win the “race” also will win prizes. Other prize categories include best gluts [sic], best costume, most outrageous and best decorated tricycle.
REGISTER ONLINE AT http://www.thesisters.org/tdc
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014
- But they did not exist until - August 7, 2014