Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Local, totally awesome new media experiment 48 H -- a print magazine produced, as its title suggests, in just two days using online social networking and publishing resources -- was sent a cease and desist letter by old media dinosaur CBS, which owns the television news magazine 48 Hours. Come on folks. We're all journalists here. Can't we all just get along?
The only dating formula you need.
It's hard out there for small to medium-sized museums (especially local ones).
"[...] Let me start by telling you what it is that sounds 'straight.' Straight actually turns out to be the perfect word to describe what straight guys do. It's very straight—it has no curlicues, it has no frills or any kind of melodic turns. So they say, 'Hi. How are you?' It's simple, and the lines are very straight, instead of 'Hi, how are yOOuu?' You know, women are much more melodic—their voices go up and they go down, and they even move their mouths more. There's a lot more animation. A straight guy just goes, 'Hey—this is as much energy and animation as I'm putting out for this thing.'"
Supernovae: They do a body good?
Congratulations! Two giant gay metallic penises are your new Olympic mascots, Great Britain.
Most Commented On
- Human rights - March 15, 2014
- Lobby of Trolls - March 15, 2014
- Community - March 15, 2014
- I wanna get rid of you...And you too - March 15, 2014
- nice - March 15, 2014
- false argument - March 14, 2014
- As spoken by one of the - March 14, 2014
- Make-Believe Energy Can Power Make-Believe Engines! - March 14, 2014
- Har, when it all woks out for you - March 14, 2014
- The SOMA junk housing projects hardly represent a city in amber - March 14, 2014