Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
John Mark Karr, who falsely confessed to the murder of JonBenet Ramsey in 1996, is back the news. This time, he is the subject of, "an unofficial nationwide manhunt," in the face of allegations that he, "has been trying to create a cult of JonBenet Ramsey lookalikes he is calling 'the Immaculates' — blond girls as young as 4 years old with small feet — and has been threatening harm to one of the girls, whom he used to recruit others and who escaped from his influence." Yikes! And the topper: Karr claims to have had sex reassignment surgery within the past two years.
Mark Twain's autobiographical writings to be released after century-long wait.
Small mammal fossils excavated around Shasta County demonstrate that climate change has impacted biodiversity for thousands of years.
Jews for Jesus founder (and SF resident) Moishe Rosen dies at 78.
People on poppers.
Most Commented On
- Yes, and that in turn is a variation of the common progressive - December 18, 2013
- So true, a common mantra of the left is that nobody should be - December 18, 2013
- Some give socialism a bad name... - December 18, 2013
- But seniors and the disabled cannot ride a bike and a - December 18, 2013
- Yes and true, but the "solution" may be worse than the problem - December 18, 2013
- Try me, Steven. What "pressures" do you withstand? - December 18, 2013
- Make biking safer and more people will bike - December 18, 2013
- Enforcement priority here is easy to comprehend. - December 18, 2013
- ...says the anonymous commenter.... - December 18, 2013
- If these were common everyday "peons" using bus stops illegally, - December 18, 2013