Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Could it have been the public urination? ING pulls out as Bay to Breakers sponsor.
Better wear a wetsuit (and then some). Santa Cruz's Cowell Beach voted second worst California beach in terms of water quality.
No more DJs at the Attic?
"The Olive Centipede was created by Dr. Heiner, a disturbed German bartender formerly famous for his flair garnishing techniques. The evil Dr. Heiner decided to create a garnish centipede, made from sewing three olives together along the olives' digestive tracts, pit-to-pimento."
A blogger dares to ask, "Why is Chinese food in San Francisco so disappointing?" (thanks Eye on Blogs)
Maybe this creepy fetishist dude could donate his collection of tufts to the efforts to sop up the BP oil using matted hair. Or not.
Comet dives into the Sun. Cue the Soundgarden:
- vHDarynxQxksWqdlaTz - August 20, 2014
- Questions raised by staff cutbacks at the Exploratorium - August 20, 2014
- gYeZRaORbakjVvVxM - August 20, 2014
- FGecOKIXjEXdkrJYN - August 20, 2014
- CGANnrMuoQT - August 20, 2014
- fuck the bay guardian - August 20, 2014
- On displacement, journalism, and the Guardian's fake Google- - August 20, 2014
- THIS IS MY TESTIMONY ABOUT THE GOOD WORK OF Dr ATILA - August 20, 2014
- amPnYfkgpovpron - August 19, 2014
- dr abolo is the solution to your relationship problem - August 19, 2014