Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Could it have been the public urination? ING pulls out as Bay to Breakers sponsor.
Better wear a wetsuit (and then some). Santa Cruz's Cowell Beach voted second worst California beach in terms of water quality.
No more DJs at the Attic?
"The Olive Centipede was created by Dr. Heiner, a disturbed German bartender formerly famous for his flair garnishing techniques. The evil Dr. Heiner decided to create a garnish centipede, made from sewing three olives together along the olives' digestive tracts, pit-to-pimento."
A blogger dares to ask, "Why is Chinese food in San Francisco so disappointing?" (thanks Eye on Blogs)
Maybe this creepy fetishist dude could donate his collection of tufts to the efforts to sop up the BP oil using matted hair. Or not.
Comet dives into the Sun. Cue the Soundgarden:
Most Commented On
- Nonsense, the mayor has far more power than any Supe. - July 29, 2014
- So if Debra Walker ran again for D6 against Kim, you predict - July 29, 2014
- So wait, Steven, you think that Kim should advocate for the - July 29, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014
- Tradeoffs - July 29, 2014
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 29, 2014
- Branches of government - July 29, 2014
- Jane is smart - July 29, 2014
- Daly caved all the time. - July 29, 2014
- Well, it clearly doesn't work - July 29, 2014