Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Gaydar may actually exist.
Who do you wanna see at Outside Lands this year? Lord, please let Janelle Monae and Al Green do a duet.
Berkeley does indeed have a Tea Party: "Rogue knitters encamped along the Berkeley-Oakland border with lawn chairs, tea cakes and knitting projects to protest the city of Berkeley's order that they remove an 8-foot knitted tea cozy they sewed over the T in a public sculpture they believe insults Oakland."
I'm all for going green and buying local but when you describe your business as, “[a] hipster green lifestyle market… celebrating all things cool about being a green localist,” my head can't but help hit my desk. Go easy on the buzz-speak people.
Deadly trips at Cow Palace rave.
RIP Louise Bourgeois. If you haven't checked out "Mother and Child," an exhibit of Bourgeois' recent, maternally-fixated work currently hanging at Gallery Paule Anglim, please do so. There's also the arachnid pile-up The Nest in SFMOMA's sculpture garden and Crouching Spider at Pier 14. Peter Orlovsky, poet and longtime companion to Allen Ginsberg, and iconic actor Dennis Hopper also left this plane over the weekend.
Most Commented On
- It is probably a made up number anyway - July 28, 2014
- Does Jane Kim return your calls? - July 28, 2014
- You are being asked to furnish evidence for your claim - July 28, 2014
- Thinsg like this is why I quit the ACLU - July 28, 2014
- Nah, SFBG have hated Kim ever since she toasted Walker - July 28, 2014
- California law is quite - July 28, 2014
- right. so all those towns in - July 28, 2014
- "hundreds of tenants have - July 28, 2014
- All I know is that Kim is way better than Daly was and - July 28, 2014
- 60% housing to be affordable is like SF being transit first - July 28, 2014