Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Local art thief nabbed, ID-ed.
New spray could help the 'one minute men' in your life (and it's not Axe).
Looking for a new stereo receiver? Wanna swap that old guitar? Need maracas? The Mission's Music Flea Market is back this Saturday.
"Once upon a time, he was a local celebrity. He earned his nickname after doing a tv commercial for a Round Table pizza named The Big Vinny. For over twenty years, he was the face and voice of a successful used car business in small town Alameda. He sold and he sold and he sold and Californians drove away happy. Today, everything has changed. The business is dead. The lots sit empty. Big Vinny is out of work. But he still remembers the good times."
Raising children is expensive. Parents, take a tip from Babies and swap out those pre-K math tutoring sessions for a bleached bone.
Hello? Silent Spring, anyone? "The California Department of Pesticide Regulation has proposed registering methyl iodide as a pesticide in California to the dismay of scientists and environmental groups, who say it is so toxic that even chemists are reluctant to handle it."
Local, sustainable, leather-like: Is jerky poised to become the next SF food micro-trend?
Type dirty to me.
Most Commented On
- Fatshion - December 10, 2013
- Wholesale Cheap Sexy Lingerie - December 10, 2013
- Thank you for being so honest - December 10, 2013
- Corsets China Manufacturers - December 10, 2013
- You're a "Jack Kemp - December 10, 2013
- Several times the potential - December 10, 2013
- Pass immigration reform now!! - December 10, 2013
- Miniscule reparations more than - December 10, 2013
- great idea - December 10, 2013
- I'm looking forward to even - December 10, 2013