Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
TV/Econ: "The fictional high school chorus at the center of Fox’s Glee has a huge problem — nearly a million dollars in potential legal liability. For a show that regularly tackles thorny issues like teen pregnancy and alcohol abuse, it’s surprising that a million dollars worth of lawbreaking would go unmentioned. But it does, and week after week, those zany Glee kids rack up the potential to pay higher and higher fines."
Local Media: The Bay Area can expect to welcome another local media start-up, The Berkeley Times, come this fall.
Art/Food/Sex: "We had this idea – someone wanted to take our portrait – and I thought it would be funny if we did Riccardo drinking milk from my breasts. Because that’s really what it is, we feed each other. We’re family."
Satan/Real Estate: The Richmond District's Satanic past!
Transit/Life: Take a ride in the front seat:
Most Commented On
- Maybe they don't make pretenses towards being sustainable - December 18, 2013
- Your pension deductions barely cover 20% of your - December 18, 2013
- ...or at least they should ride on shared transportation. - December 18, 2013
- It's really when a candidate - December 18, 2013
- No, everyone should lighten - December 18, 2013
- If Lee were the "end all" and - December 18, 2013
- Yeah, let's abolish public transport too - December 18, 2013
- Yep. Total job security. Tell - December 18, 2013
- Ummm, Twitter got a $50 - December 18, 2013
- What a piece of work Mary! - December 18, 2013