By Sam Stander
Alameda’s Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge is hosting a variety of events this summer that incorporate film screenings, live music, and alcohol. Curated by Will “The Thrill” Viharo</a>, these are mostly part of a series called ”Forbidden Thrills," which features themed double features of only the campiest camp, and runs monthly through December.
This Thursday, however, is billed as “Comic Book Superhero Nite,” complete with costume contests, music from the Deadlies, and a screening of the day-glo 1966 film version of Batman, “batapulted” (and I quote!) from the Adam West-Burt Ward television series that my parents always called “Silly Batman” when I was little. And boy, does it deserve that epithet.
Seriously, though, it’s not often you come across a movie that features both an “exploding man-eating shark” and horrendous dialogue. Seize this opportunity while you can.
COMIC BOOK SUPERHERO NITE
Thurs/10, 8 p.m., no cover
Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge
1304 Lincoln, Alameda
Most Commented On
- Local journalists starting to catch onto Airbnb's subversion of - July 25, 2014
- My stars! - July 25, 2014
- Very Good Site - July 25, 2014
- Reading Comprehension Much? - July 24, 2014
- Damn The TL Is Wealthy - July 24, 2014
- no more freebies - July 24, 2014
- Prove It! - July 24, 2014
- SccEkXlzhYna - July 24, 2014
- jQzeuXpmpHkJZ - July 24, 2014
- How i got cured of Hiv - July 24, 2014