Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Meg Whitman's son is an asshat (surprised?).
City passes moibile phone radiation law. As if you didn't already know that your iThing was going to cause ear cancer.
People have too much time on their hands: "Prosecutors say 53-year-old Kurtis Thorsted broadcast more than four dozen hoax distress signals over six months in 2008, costing the Coast Guard more than $102,000 for attempted searches. Thorsted pleaded guilty to broadcasting the "mayday" calls from his Salinas home and telling would-be rescuers he was stranded in an offshore kayak."
Speaking of the World Cup, that buzzing sound you keep hearing during matches isn't an incoming swarm of killer bees. Rather, its your new favorite spelling bee challenge: the vuvuzela.
Most Commented On
- home Design - July 24, 2014
- Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank are not citizens - July 24, 2014
- Your article shows you have a - July 24, 2014
- unique home designs - July 24, 2014
- Sounds good, Greg - July 24, 2014
- Egypt - July 24, 2014
- Farebox recovery - July 24, 2014
- Precisely - - July 24, 2014
- The only way Israel will survive - July 24, 2014
- Gaza is an open-air prison - July 24, 2014