Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Meg Whitman's son is an asshat (surprised?).
City passes moibile phone radiation law. As if you didn't already know that your iThing was going to cause ear cancer.
People have too much time on their hands: "Prosecutors say 53-year-old Kurtis Thorsted broadcast more than four dozen hoax distress signals over six months in 2008, costing the Coast Guard more than $102,000 for attempted searches. Thorsted pleaded guilty to broadcasting the "mayday" calls from his Salinas home and telling would-be rescuers he was stranded in an offshore kayak."
Speaking of the World Cup, that buzzing sound you keep hearing during matches isn't an incoming swarm of killer bees. Rather, its your new favorite spelling bee challenge: the vuvuzela.
- LOAN OFFER APPLY NOW - August 20, 2014
- lAxydXUDWGR - August 20, 2014
- jwIjSEcgFI - August 20, 2014
- get cure - August 20, 2014
- yncUcmbhhVYqsrn - August 20, 2014
- xdNdxqFqdeR - August 20, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- The Performant: Epochalypse Now - August 20, 2014
- Projections - August 20, 2014