Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Meg Whitman's son is an asshat (surprised?).
City passes moibile phone radiation law. As if you didn't already know that your iThing was going to cause ear cancer.
People have too much time on their hands: "Prosecutors say 53-year-old Kurtis Thorsted broadcast more than four dozen hoax distress signals over six months in 2008, costing the Coast Guard more than $102,000 for attempted searches. Thorsted pleaded guilty to broadcasting the "mayday" calls from his Salinas home and telling would-be rescuers he was stranded in an offshore kayak."
Speaking of the World Cup, that buzzing sound you keep hearing during matches isn't an incoming swarm of killer bees. Rather, its your new favorite spelling bee challenge: the vuvuzela.
Most Commented On
- This is like listening to hate radio - July 23, 2014
- Wrong question. - July 23, 2014
- Why ask such a silly - July 23, 2014
- "That's two more than they - July 23, 2014
- I nominate Greg to fly to Israel on the next Hamas - July 23, 2014
- OIJzTWkDWum - July 23, 2014
- Are there any - July 23, 2014
- What is the diversity profile - July 23, 2014
- I guess you have it all figured out. - July 23, 2014
- Ha... I love your racist and - July 23, 2014