Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
Meg Whitman's son is an asshat (surprised?).
City passes moibile phone radiation law. As if you didn't already know that your iThing was going to cause ear cancer.
People have too much time on their hands: "Prosecutors say 53-year-old Kurtis Thorsted broadcast more than four dozen hoax distress signals over six months in 2008, costing the Coast Guard more than $102,000 for attempted searches. Thorsted pleaded guilty to broadcasting the "mayday" calls from his Salinas home and telling would-be rescuers he was stranded in an offshore kayak."
Speaking of the World Cup, that buzzing sound you keep hearing during matches isn't an incoming swarm of killer bees. Rather, its your new favorite spelling bee challenge: the vuvuzela.
Most Commented On
- When Did SFBG Become the "Progressive" TMZ? - March 13, 2014
- it is a good show. it is - March 13, 2014
- Great Piece On Mayor Disappearing CleanPower From Climate Action - March 12, 2014
- AirBnb bring in a crazy - March 12, 2014
- FREE GAME CODES - March 12, 2014
- I think it is something like that - March 12, 2014
- The goal of eliminating ALL pedestrian deaths - March 12, 2014
- What I think this is... - March 12, 2014
- That's the point. Steven has - March 12, 2014
- I hate to tell you there's - March 12, 2014