Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
The California foothills are alive with "extremely high levels of lead, arsenic and asbestos."
Russian gajillionaire pledges to financially support rotting historic pile Fort Ross.
"Goooooooooal!" is the word at Civic Center.
"On and on they go. Soon they will sprout beards and their hair will grow down their backs, and their tennis whites will yellow and then rot off their bodies. And still they will stand out there on Court 18, belting aces and listening as the umpire calls the score. Finally, I suppose, one of them will die."
The gayest ice cream ever?
Shocker: White shoes not such a good idea on a crowded dance floor.
Straight bears: newfound allies or cuddly cockteasers?
The music of the sun out-blasts THX any day.
Most Commented On
- They've driven out Marcos and Eddie from here. - May 24, 2013
- Our labour pool should be drawn from the Bay Area and beyond. - May 24, 2013
- You're correct, Lilli. You can buy Greg off with the odd win but - May 24, 2013
- Because the left doesn't really care about those affordable - May 24, 2013
- You're the one changing the topic. - May 24, 2013
- The executioners were Converts - May 24, 2013
- Absolutely enough already - May 24, 2013
- To: guest; re. How about an experiment - May 24, 2013
- Especially her insistence of - May 24, 2013
- Nice Post - May 24, 2013