Curiosities, quirks, oddites, and items from around the Bay and beyond
SF may put the "booooo" back in booze: "San Francisco could become California's first city and county to tax booze — about a nickel a drink — in an effort to recover taxpayer health care costs for alcohol abusers."
RIP: SF Zoo's Tony the Tiger.
Architecture firm Diller Scofidio + Renfro was picked yesterday by the UC Berkeley to design the university’s new art and film complex that will house the Berkeley Art Museum and the Pacific Film Archive. Does that mean DS+R are still in the running to design SFMOMA's planned expansion?
Palin PWND in ethics probe (but, sadly, at this point, isn't $390,000 just chump change to her?).
"Though Mr. Tabbert, 28, personally prefers G-star denim and concert tees, he was on the hunt for 150 dishdashas, the ankle-length garments worn by men in Iraq and elsewhere in the Arab world. In July, actors will wear them in a simulated Iraqi village, posing as townspeople, clerics and insurgents at a National Guard training ground in the Midwest."
A gallery of Klubstitute fliers from SF's gay 90s.
In honor of the late Tony and the gay high holidays that are upon us, here is some feline pride from France:
Most Commented On
- FUUGUmmPWixbEuLgP - April 20, 2014
- UUBIhhgKmabXBsaR - April 20, 2014
- This is my testimony about - April 20, 2014
- he is a great spell caster - April 20, 2014
- a good spell caster online - April 20, 2014
- Hiv cure - April 20, 2014
- bjyxnoNDXT - April 20, 2014
- OmxMEPcEhJHd - April 20, 2014
- xsDWLcPbLJNMRkqC - April 20, 2014
- HslYYjexuMHjlNjglkVi - April 20, 2014