By Sam Stander
Down a little side street branching off the Piedmont Ave. shopping area in northern Oakland, two locals have combined the fine art of the well-stocked newsstand with the high-class vibe of an artsy boutique. Just past its third birthday, Issues offers and expansive selection of magazines and periodicals, as well as an array of t-shirts, buttons, books, and music, all couched in a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Events held at the store often incorporate other local businesses, and on Sat/26 they'll play host to the East Bay Vegan Bakesale, with sure to be yummy goods on offer from various local purveryors, to benefit Walk Oakland Bike Oakland and the recently fire-ravaged Berkeley East Bay Humane Society. Details after the jump.
EAST BAY VEGAN BAKESALE
Sat/26, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
20 Glen, Oakl
Most Commented On
- I'm a liberal and would take - May 25, 2013
- Energy saving energy means to - May 25, 2013
- Ps. I love how you presuppose - May 25, 2013
- Er, The Equal Protection - May 25, 2013
- Street music - May 25, 2013
- Why don't you go tweet - May 25, 2013
- Is that so? As a member of - May 25, 2013
- That's funny. They also - May 25, 2013
- They are coming to the US to - May 25, 2013
- There was too much - May 25, 2013