Anywhere you go in the world, people like to eat. This weekend there were a lot of people in the Civic Center doing just that, but they were all eating Peruvian food.
There were abuelitas slurping down huge bowls of steaming soup, and kids chowing down on anticuchos (grilled meat on a stick) and piping hot picarones (Peruvian doughnuts made with pumpkin and sweet potatoes). Beyond the large amounts of food and huge lines, there was also live entertainment to enjoy, including salsa music and traditional Peruvian dancing. Being the first annual Festival de Comida Peruana, it was impressive to see such a large and enthusiastic turn out. It seemed like everyone had a great time, and no one, I suspect, left with an empty stomach. Buen provecho!
Most Commented On
- center - December 19, 2013
- So the 73% approval that this - December 19, 2013
- I just can't stand it anymore - December 19, 2013
- Well, You Proved Me Correct, But I Guess It's Your Thing - December 19, 2013
- heh - December 19, 2013
- Teachers don't want SFUSD owned affordable housing - December 19, 2013
- You don't know what you're talking about. - December 19, 2013
- "AESOP Institute:" Perpetual Flimflam Machine - December 19, 2013
- "That may be why the BOS was - December 19, 2013
- I did a bit of research on - December 19, 2013