Sure, sure — you love your Prius. Or your fixie-skateboard-rollerblades-scooter-Clipper pass. But there's something awfully rock n' roll about a muscle car, especially one that's been lovingly restored to roarin'-around-town condition.
Sat/7, local auto fanatics Chiselers Car Club host their first annual Chiselers Car Club Blowout — "blowout" in this context referring to a raucous party, of course, not a tire gone haywire. Revelers are encouraged to "bring your pre '75 pimped-ass ride" (bikes are also welcome); the carless can gawk all they want. Arrive during the daytime hours (starts at 4 p.m., free) to check out the cars, scarf some barbecue, and listen to classic tunes by the Ramshackle Romeos, a two-man group incorporating an array of strange instruments, including the ever-haunting musical saw.
Stick around for the night show (starts at 8 p.m., $10), featuring the pop-punk Clorox Girls (one of those all-dude bands with "Girls" in their name), punk-punk Complaints, and the sassy, garage-y Midnite Snaxxx, whose MySpace "sounds like" is "making out with a burrito." What's not to love?
Chiselers Car Show Blowout
Sat/7, 4 p.m., free-$10
1600 17th St, SF
Most Commented On
- Etiquette query - December 6, 2013
- You don't look at the cover - December 6, 2013
- You lost me at "greed-driven". - December 6, 2013
- Marsh Asked - December 6, 2013
- The Reality is: The Marsh was - December 6, 2013
- All three will continue to exist even if we build a few homes. - December 6, 2013
- Where is your evidence for the assertion that 100% of people - December 6, 2013
- But those are just occasional, right? - December 6, 2013
- LOL, so is the Marsh "hidden" or is it world-renowned? - December 6, 2013
- Note: bikes are private transit even more than car. - December 6, 2013