Sure, sure — you love your Prius. Or your fixie-skateboard-rollerblades-scooter-Clipper pass. But there's something awfully rock n' roll about a muscle car, especially one that's been lovingly restored to roarin'-around-town condition.
Sat/7, local auto fanatics Chiselers Car Club host their first annual Chiselers Car Club Blowout — "blowout" in this context referring to a raucous party, of course, not a tire gone haywire. Revelers are encouraged to "bring your pre '75 pimped-ass ride" (bikes are also welcome); the carless can gawk all they want. Arrive during the daytime hours (starts at 4 p.m., free) to check out the cars, scarf some barbecue, and listen to classic tunes by the Ramshackle Romeos, a two-man group incorporating an array of strange instruments, including the ever-haunting musical saw.
Stick around for the night show (starts at 8 p.m., $10), featuring the pop-punk Clorox Girls (one of those all-dude bands with "Girls" in their name), punk-punk Complaints, and the sassy, garage-y Midnite Snaxxx, whose MySpace "sounds like" is "making out with a burrito." What's not to love?
Chiselers Car Show Blowout
Sat/7, 4 p.m., free-$10
1600 17th St, SF
Most Commented On
- Presidential mission - July 28, 2014
- Good to see SFBG adopting the "charity model" for helping those - July 28, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 28, 2014
- Best of the Bay 2013: BEST NORTH BEACH FRY BOMB - July 28, 2014
- Ain't nobody who can sing -- or bring the progressive fire -- - July 28, 2014
- whistleblowers - July 28, 2014
- Not a failure, but definitely - July 28, 2014
- Agree, there are too many people in SF now for one very clear - July 28, 2014
- Wrong again. My point wasn't that my definition of "fairness" is - July 28, 2014
- growth? - July 28, 2014