We're throwing a party tonight at YBCA (2/25) to celebrate Chinese New Year -- and the opening of the amazing Song Dong exhibit (if you're a fan of "Hoarders" you will not weant to miss this). Jonas Reihardt rocks it, lions dance, sake and other liquor flows, and fortune cookies will fill your pockets. You know how crazy these YBCA parties get. Details after the jump
.The San Francisco Bay Guardian Presents
Friday February 25th from 8PM – 11PM
...Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
701 Mission at 3rd Street.
A Chinese New Year Celebration/Opening Night Party
$12 Advance | $15 Door | $10 Tickets for Guardian Readers*
*Use promo code SFBGSD online or bring in a hard copy of the ad running in this week’s paper to the door.
Visit the opening of Dad and Mom, Don't Worry About Us, We Are All Well
A solo exhibition by Chinese conceptual artist Song Dong, including the much-heralded large-scale installation Waste Not, comprised of over 10,000 items collected by the artist's mother over the course of more than five decades.
Live Performance by JONAS REINHARDT
Inspired in equal measure by continental European experimental rock, electronic dance music, and the freewheeling aesthetic of punk.'
Lion Dance provided by Leung's White Crane
San Francisco's Chinese Cultural Center presents: Daily Lives
An interactive exhibition exploring everyday existence through a variety of sensory experiences. Bring your treasured objects, scraps of material and little mementos to be repurposed as part of the work, "Discarded Repairs." Explore the powerful sense of smell by collaborating on a scent to be included in the piece, "Close to Home."
Most Commented On
- DurYgLBDMRXvZnBtY - July 31, 2014
- WYSjDnAaZrqOot - July 31, 2014
- Fake grass at Beach Chalet means Polo Fields will get it next - July 31, 2014
- are you agreeing with yourself? - July 31, 2014
- If the definition of - July 31, 2014
- The bond is unrestricted and - July 31, 2014
- Hey idiot (Joe) - July 31, 2014
- Refugee children crossing the border for a better life - July 31, 2014
- The city population stays about the same - July 31, 2014
- I went to college with some of them in the 80's - July 31, 2014