Does the standard set of St. Patrick’s Day festivities leaving you feeling a little bit like boiled cabbage? We rounded up a shamrock patch full of St. Paddy's events this year, but you might also try celebrating the Celts with a bit more steam -- punk, that is. Get hep with San Fran swingers (dance, you filthies!) Swing Goth at the third annual Steam Punktrick's Day. The event will feature Nathanial Johnstone, intrepid violinist from steampunk band Abney Park, donning his fiddler’s cap with his side project, the Nathanial Johnstone Band.
So if you like mixing your corned beef with corsets and bagpipes with balboa, then break out your fishnets and mini-kilts and head on over to 50 Mason Social House, the TL's newest wine and beer bar that provides solace from the bright lights and overpriced pints of Union Square's tourist traps, as well as nightly line ups of live music.
No swing experience necessary for Steam Punktrick's -- those already familiar with Swing Goth will know that no music is too punk to partner dance to, and for newbies, a dance lesson will be offered from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Third annual Steam Punktrick’s Day Featuring the Nathanial Johnstone Band
With Heavy Sugar and Standfire Collective
9:30 p.m., lesson at 8:30 p.m., $12
50 Mason Social House
50 Mason, SF
Most Commented On
- They were the proceeds of crime and so the cop was within his - March 11, 2014
- And you did? - March 11, 2014
- IabEdfzLURMtZR - March 11, 2014
- Coward - March 11, 2014
- You cannot have total equality without a massive cost. - March 11, 2014
- One Source Journalism - March 11, 2014
- Disabled people don't - March 11, 2014
- Lighten up and grow a sense of humor. - March 11, 2014
- Nobody is saying the disabled don't deserve a break - March 11, 2014
- Home Improvement Fashion - March 11, 2014