I don't think I've ever seen anyone so covered in wine so early in the morning. Clearly, neither had cover model Diego's three-year old daughter, who I was hanging with during our photoshoot at Matthew Reamer's studio in the Mission for this week's Beer and Wine special issue.
"Daddy!" She had a good point -- he was standing barefoot in a puddle of wine. Ever the conscientious dad: "Don't worry sweetie, it's grape juice!"
And so on. Diego -- who you can catch spinning reggae, hip-hop, and world around town as DJ Mr. Lucky -- actress Carolyn, and creative-of-all-trades Bayview native Tossie got a chance to experiment with the trajectory of wine last week at our 10 a.m. cover shoot call. That's real morning to be messing around with flying booze, but they'd pro'd out. Even our art director Mirissa got involved, high-kicking and air-punching Diego into the appropriate defensive posture.
Most Commented On
- They claimed to represent the 99% - March 9, 2014
- No matter who posts it, - March 9, 2014
- I agree that government is corrupt and a big part of the problem - March 9, 2014
- Marcos and his point. - March 9, 2014
- No one needs to try and make progressives look bad - March 9, 2014
- I don't think SFBG has ever claimed to represent the majority - March 9, 2014
- Yep, population is what counts if the question is about - March 9, 2014
- You should ask that question if the Bay Guardian - March 9, 2014
- Think the poster meant - March 9, 2014
- I think Oakland's a little - March 9, 2014