It’s temporary, it’s original, and it's a fly summer style that can transition into fall. Even better, you probably learned how to do it during summer camp: tie-dye your hair, why don't you?
Pictured is a woman in the Haight Ashbury who used blue and purple dye. For fall, you can use darker tones like rust or burgundy.
First, highlight the tips of the hair using hair bleach. Don’t fret, if you use the correct amount of bleach, you won’t damage your hair. Fold the hair into a piece of foil to let the bleach process. After shampooing and conditioning the hair, blow-dry -- if it's wet it will absorb less color. Then, using whatever hair dye you chose (blue, teal, pink, purple, etc.) begin painting the tips of the hair with a color brush. Using a brush will help the colors blend together.
For more details check The Beauty Department's gorgeous pictorial how-to
Most Commented On
- Hello, i am glad to read the - July 31, 2014
- Russia's Olympic moment: Let's really gay this f*cker up - July 30, 2014
- Government smackdown - July 30, 2014
- AqzRCSYUftu - July 30, 2014
- Tale of two parties: Was the 8 Washington defeat a referendum - July 30, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 30, 2014
- Sweet, psyched-out, and dirty - July 30, 2014
- Call to action issued at San Francisco vigil for Trayvon Martin - July 30, 2014
- OMG this is ridiculous. Why - July 30, 2014
- HOW I GOT CURE FROM HIV WITH THE HELP OF DR OBAZE - July 30, 2014