That Michael Recchiuti has a fan base is no surprise. That it's dubbed the “Obsession Club” isn’t exactly unexpected either.
The Dogpatch-based chocolatier is opening a pop-up shop in the same neighborhood for easeful holiday treat-purchasing on November 17. Recchiuti is a tireless experimenter known as much for his carefully-sourced product as for the egregiously gut-tickling tastings he holds.
Past events the company has hosted have featured chocolate and tofu, not to mention chocolate paired with olive oil, spirits, and cheese. And who else would have the chutzpah or know-how to forge such majesty as the Ovaltini? The treat is a chocolate sherbet with cacao nib brandy paired with a barley malt cocktail garnished with a chocolate cigarette.
Recchiuti, working tirelessly in his personal production kitchen, also produces items within the traditional bars, bonbons, and boxes format, giftable items wherein you can still see his robust imagination.
The Little Nib pop-up, a smaller version of Recchiuti’s Ferry Building store, will showcase such Recchiuti classics as the asphalt jungle mix (peanut butter pearls, burnt caramel hazelnut, burnt caramel almond, and two different types of chocolate-covered cherries).
Also up for the old holiday-minded swoop-and-grab maneuver are fleur de sel caramels, truffles, peppermint thins, sweet sauces, brand new chocolate bar flavors, and wine and beer pairing boxes.
Recchiuti Little Nib Pop-Up
Open Thursday-Saturday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. through the holidays
807 22nd St., SF
Most Commented On
- So you criticize the SFBG's personnel policies - May 23, 2013
- lots of music and art every day - May 23, 2013
- Lead story in internet chat site today? - May 23, 2013
- No, what it really means is that if you work hard nut not smart, - May 23, 2013
- Nowhere else to go? Bullshit. - May 23, 2013
- Yep, the number of Ellis and OMI evctions is trivial compared - May 23, 2013
- Yep, looks like SFBG have plucked a welfare recipient from - May 23, 2013
- Yeah, "Scott" because nobody could know anything about - May 23, 2013
- Ah, so JW is doing this for free? - May 23, 2013
- Lilli is every bit as bad. - May 23, 2013