That Michael Recchiuti has a fan base is no surprise. That it's dubbed the “Obsession Club” isn’t exactly unexpected either.
The Dogpatch-based chocolatier is opening a pop-up shop in the same neighborhood for easeful holiday treat-purchasing on November 17. Recchiuti is a tireless experimenter known as much for his carefully-sourced product as for the egregiously gut-tickling tastings he holds.
Past events the company has hosted have featured chocolate and tofu, not to mention chocolate paired with olive oil, spirits, and cheese. And who else would have the chutzpah or know-how to forge such majesty as the Ovaltini? The treat is a chocolate sherbet with cacao nib brandy paired with a barley malt cocktail garnished with a chocolate cigarette.
Recchiuti, working tirelessly in his personal production kitchen, also produces items within the traditional bars, bonbons, and boxes format, giftable items wherein you can still see his robust imagination.
The Little Nib pop-up, a smaller version of Recchiuti’s Ferry Building store, will showcase such Recchiuti classics as the asphalt jungle mix (peanut butter pearls, burnt caramel hazelnut, burnt caramel almond, and two different types of chocolate-covered cherries).
Also up for the old holiday-minded swoop-and-grab maneuver are fleur de sel caramels, truffles, peppermint thins, sweet sauces, brand new chocolate bar flavors, and wine and beer pairing boxes.
Recchiuti Little Nib Pop-Up
Open Thursday-Saturday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. through the holidays
807 22nd St., SF
Most Commented On
- The property owner in question rents her condo in Palm Springs - July 28, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 28, 2014
- Too much government - July 28, 2014
- The concept of "citizen enforcement" is unknown in law. - July 28, 2014
- Boring discussion - July 28, 2014
- Pathetic. Negatives can never be proven. - July 28, 2014
- Please provide one that - July 28, 2014
- Steven, it has been estimated that anywhere between one third - July 28, 2014
- Although there are thousands of Airbnb rentals in SF, very few - July 28, 2014
- If there is no question about it then you will be able to cite a - July 28, 2014