Rehearsal was in full twirl this weekend, as dancers prepared to perform "The Revolutionary Nutcracker Sweetie" at Brava Theater this coming weekend.
This is not your classic, bourgeois version of the Nutcracker, but more of a Cinderella tale. Clara is an undocumented worker, working for the richest family in town, the McGreeds, whose gay son (with a pink hairdo) gives Clara a freedom fighting doll from Africa.
Later, the pair embark on an adventure of a lifetime. They make their way through a magical world, of melting ice caps and even underwater, concluding with the a beautiful "dance of the flowers," which I caught a few photos of during the rehearsal. So start a new tradition this year, and check out Dance Brigade's spunky and cool version of this holiday favorite, because, sweetie, you don't want to miss it!
Saturday 2pm and 6pm; Sunday 1pm and 5pm, $15-$17
2781 24th Street, SF
Purchase tickets here
Most Commented On
- Not to mention free pensions and healthcare. - December 4, 2013
- Since I do not support conscription, it follows that my view is - December 4, 2013
- What other groups of people do you hate that much based on a - December 4, 2013
- Affordability issues were not mentioned in the article at all? - December 4, 2013
- The answer, dear friends, is to spend more money - December 4, 2013
- So your talk about - December 4, 2013
- “tech workers aren’t - December 4, 2013
- It's all you talk about. - December 4, 2013
- Wow, do you mean there are advantages to having money? - December 4, 2013
- No, again, that 50% figure is just for income tax. - December 4, 2013