Rehearsal was in full twirl this weekend, as dancers prepared to perform "The Revolutionary Nutcracker Sweetie" at Brava Theater this coming weekend.
This is not your classic, bourgeois version of the Nutcracker, but more of a Cinderella tale. Clara is an undocumented worker, working for the richest family in town, the McGreeds, whose gay son (with a pink hairdo) gives Clara a freedom fighting doll from Africa.
Later, the pair embark on an adventure of a lifetime. They make their way through a magical world, of melting ice caps and even underwater, concluding with the a beautiful "dance of the flowers," which I caught a few photos of during the rehearsal. So start a new tradition this year, and check out Dance Brigade's spunky and cool version of this holiday favorite, because, sweetie, you don't want to miss it!
Saturday 2pm and 6pm; Sunday 1pm and 5pm, $15-$17
2781 24th Street, SF
Purchase tickets here
Most Commented On
- Why would you feeble and - March 8, 2014
- Who says I'm not considering it? - March 8, 2014
- Aaron - March 8, 2014
- Have you been to 6th Street? - March 8, 2014
- Greg is what I call a checklist liberal. - March 8, 2014
- Greg says he doesnt do - March 8, 2014
- Sounds like a racist viewpoint to me - March 8, 2014
- One more detail. I stayed - March 8, 2014
- marcos, you have responded to his every post - March 8, 2014
- But it was my original post - March 8, 2014