Well-dressed men always make me a little weak in the knees. What can I say; I’m a sucker for fashion. But in a city like San Francisco, where men’s clothing stretches from one end to the style spectrum to the other, it is the simplest of styles that catch my eye.
Wearing a wool trenchcoat, dark blue jeans, and tassel loafers, Rolando Brown was waiting for his BART train to arrive when I interrupted him mid-text message.
Making his outfit edgy and modern, Brown wore his funnel collar coat with a black hoody tucked underneath. Designers Richard Chai for Penguin and John Varvatos have created similar looks recently -- trenchcoats in tweeds, camel, cashmere, and solids that make it easy for men to be trendy when bad weather arises.
My be-styled traveler was also wearing brown leather loafers, footwear that you really can't go wrong with regardless of the decade. I once read in GQ that if Michael Jackson can rock loafers with white socks, then there's no reason why everyone else can't follow his lead.
Most Commented On
- I don't quite get the indie rock connection here either - July 23, 2014
- Blame the Rent Control - July 23, 2014
- Rise of the machines - July 23, 2014
- GXicIxYknXWNzVCib - July 23, 2014
- It would appear that many, many people love the new condos - July 23, 2014
- So long as the Mayor's Office - July 23, 2014
- Thank you so much for - July 23, 2014
- H. Brown: Goodbye to all that, we hope - July 23, 2014
- It's important to have a token girl actor in an action movie so - July 23, 2014
- Hey, Marke, you provided all the amusing material here - July 23, 2014