Well-dressed men always make me a little weak in the knees. What can I say; I’m a sucker for fashion. But in a city like San Francisco, where men’s clothing stretches from one end to the style spectrum to the other, it is the simplest of styles that catch my eye.
Wearing a wool trenchcoat, dark blue jeans, and tassel loafers, Rolando Brown was waiting for his BART train to arrive when I interrupted him mid-text message.
Making his outfit edgy and modern, Brown wore his funnel collar coat with a black hoody tucked underneath. Designers Richard Chai for Penguin and John Varvatos have created similar looks recently -- trenchcoats in tweeds, camel, cashmere, and solids that make it easy for men to be trendy when bad weather arises.
My be-styled traveler was also wearing brown leather loafers, footwear that you really can't go wrong with regardless of the decade. I once read in GQ that if Michael Jackson can rock loafers with white socks, then there's no reason why everyone else can't follow his lead.
Most Commented On
- The people who read the articles may still be around some - June 19, 2013
- It's not about money trumping anything. - June 19, 2013
- Got it, Lucretia, that makes sense, and thank you. - June 19, 2013
- Free gardens are quite rare - June 19, 2013
- Darling, nicotine is absorbed - June 19, 2013
- "people who don't trust elected officials ..." - June 19, 2013
- Cause he has heart? - June 19, 2013
- The new FAM director - June 19, 2013
- That's about as - June 19, 2013
- You are a poorly educated - June 19, 2013