Question: can you wear too much shearling? Those that are non-plussed over the material might say yes after seeing this man I snapped a photo of on 16th and Mission Streets who was dressed in a leather coat lined with shearling, topped off with a green hat. But on that chilly day, I was struck by the outfit -- it was exuding warm and fashionable.
Talk of shearling has been churning the blogosphere for weeks. Louis Vuitton's monogram handbag with shearling trim has been responsible for much of it, as have polls on the materials aesthetic merits. Just yesterday, photos of Nicki Minaj were posted on the Web in which she wore wore Fendi shearling cuffed booties.
It’s a vintage-inspired style that both men and women can replicate from celebrities and runway looks. Check out 3.1 Phillip Lim or Calvin Klein then head to a Bay Area thrift store and find your own one-of-a-kind coats and hats. I see nothing wrong with a shearling overload because you can never have too much of a good thing. Well maybe some things, but definitely not shearling.
Most Commented On
- What this map shows is that - May 23, 2013
- maybe the planning commission - May 23, 2013
- who's being a bigot now - May 23, 2013
- but saying that is simply rude - May 23, 2013
- ..."And so it goes"... - May 23, 2013
- Great stuff, Johnny. Keep up the good work. - May 23, 2013
- Car parts are very delegate - May 23, 2013
- "The people you describe" ... - May 23, 2013
- I already saw many blogs but - May 23, 2013
- "Manhattanization" is not what makes a town boring! - May 22, 2013