Question: can you wear too much shearling? Those that are non-plussed over the material might say yes after seeing this man I snapped a photo of on 16th and Mission Streets who was dressed in a leather coat lined with shearling, topped off with a green hat. But on that chilly day, I was struck by the outfit -- it was exuding warm and fashionable.
Talk of shearling has been churning the blogosphere for weeks. Louis Vuitton's monogram handbag with shearling trim has been responsible for much of it, as have polls on the materials aesthetic merits. Just yesterday, photos of Nicki Minaj were posted on the Web in which she wore wore Fendi shearling cuffed booties.
It’s a vintage-inspired style that both men and women can replicate from celebrities and runway looks. Check out 3.1 Phillip Lim or Calvin Klein then head to a Bay Area thrift store and find your own one-of-a-kind coats and hats. I see nothing wrong with a shearling overload because you can never have too much of a good thing. Well maybe some things, but definitely not shearling.
Most Commented On
- Usually not all the plastic - March 13, 2014
- I appreciate the information - March 13, 2014
- When Did SFBG Become the "Progressive" TMZ? - March 13, 2014
- it is a good show. it is - March 13, 2014
- Great Piece On Mayor Disappearing CleanPower From Climate Action - March 12, 2014
- AirBnb bring in a crazy - March 12, 2014
- FREE GAME CODES - March 12, 2014
- I think it is something like that - March 12, 2014
- The goal of eliminating ALL pedestrian deaths - March 12, 2014
- What I think this is... - March 12, 2014