This weekend Paufve Dance is winding its way through all the rooms at Dance Mission Theater, making the audience follow, as it performs So I Married Abraham Lincoln. There are only three performances left for the production, so snag those tickets quick before this little gem passes you by.
During a recent performance that the Guardian was privy to, the sparse set filled with the monochromatic tone of the dancers' clothing, gave an air of desperate times, with just the right amount of humor. Music ranged from opera to punk rock, giving the impression that dancers moved between time and space, free of affilation to a specific era.
So I Married Abe Lincoln
Fri/27 and Sat/28, 8 p.m.; Sun/29, 7 p.m., $15-18
Dance Mission Theater
3316 24th St., SF
- aOuGxWYgxmYVGlz - August 20, 2014
- vHDarynxQxksWqdlaTz - August 20, 2014
- Questions raised by staff cutbacks at the Exploratorium - August 20, 2014
- gYeZRaORbakjVvVxM - August 20, 2014
- FGecOKIXjEXdkrJYN - August 20, 2014
- CGANnrMuoQT - August 20, 2014
- fuck the bay guardian - August 20, 2014
- On displacement, journalism, and the Guardian's fake Google- - August 20, 2014
- THIS IS MY TESTIMONY ABOUT THE GOOD WORK OF Dr ATILA - August 20, 2014
- amPnYfkgpovpron - August 19, 2014