Come one, come all (unless you’re under 21) to Petaluma this Sat/20, and witness death-defying displays -- with a twist. A screw-top twist, that is (sorry). Attendees of the Lagunitas Beer Circus can “ooh” and “aah” at aerialist acts, laugh at outrageously face-painted clowns, watch a lithesome figure breathe fire or swallow swords, and gape at the magnificence of exotic burlesque dancers, all the while drinking the fine beers and sweet ales of Lagunitas. It'll be three rings of tastiness! And it's charitable.
A $40 entry fee to the splendor of the Lagunitas Beer Circus benefits the Petaluma Music Festival and Music In Schools. Entertainment features acts from B.A.D. roller girls to the Vau de Vire Society and music from The Ferocious Few to the Sour Mash Hug Band (along with a marching band or two). Plus: cotton candy, paella, pizza, bangers, and barbecued oysters.
Yes, beer is in the event title, but even your sober driver (who’ll be necessary for lack of public transportation, and whose $25 reduced-price ticket you should spot because they’ve agreed to cart you all the way out to Petaluma), will have plenty to delight their eyes, ears, and taste buds. So step (or sway) right up, ladies, gentlemeen, and others. Check out our slideshow of acts above.
LAGUNITAS BEER FESTIVAL
Sat/20, 1pm-6pm, $40.
Lagunitas Brewing Company
1280 N. McDowell, Petaluma
Most Commented On
- Basic Economics - Thomas Sowell - May 22, 2013
- Of course, Calculated Effrontery Guest cites Obama as a model - May 22, 2013
- OK, so who DOES get to live - May 22, 2013
- Lilli, the idea of debate is that you try and prove the other - May 22, 2013
- Have The Unemployed Left Town? - May 22, 2013
- Free Market. - May 22, 2013
- "60% of PG&E energy is already sustainable: it'd be #27 - May 22, 2013
- Johnny, are SFBG paying you? - May 22, 2013
- Sure, and SF is free to go to the voters and ask them to - May 22, 2013
- But politicians accept it, Greg, and that is all that matters. - May 22, 2013