Photographer Allen David sent us these snaps from the May 12 Boonville Beer Festival, good old-fashioned weekend porn if ere we've some. Check them (and his prose below) out to kickstart your next mission outside city limits, using our 2012 Summer Fairs and Festival guide for additional inspiration.
A scenic drive north takes me to the festival at which the suds spread and the language are both unique. Boontling, an Anderson Valley regional dialect with words from the British Empire, the Pomo Californian indigenous people, and Spain can be heard between the festival's many taps: "The ballets steinbok horning', chiggrul groin' tiddrick in the heelch of the Boont Region!"
For four hours I am able to sample the finest beers that the West has to offer. From golden pale ales to dark oatmeal stouts to Double IPAs with more hops than I thought possible. Two hours into the festival, everyone's feeling hoppy themselves. Those sudden yells of joy you only find at beer festivals spread across the crowd, as smiles stretch further and further across faces.
Beer bellies be damned, when the end of the festival approaches everyone finishes their last glass and heads to the fair campground to continue the party, with DJs and dancing 'til the moon is high above. Great festival. See you next year, Boontling.
Most Commented On
- While we are at it lets also - December 9, 2013
- The bums lost. Get over it - December 9, 2013
- This hurts the housing rights movement - December 9, 2013
- I found Alper's caricature - December 9, 2013
- The Tech Industry's Ageism Problem - December 9, 2013
- The crime isn't kidnapping; - December 9, 2013
- I find it disturbing that - December 9, 2013
- Yes, they are. - December 9, 2013
- Aren't Tiburon and Marin the same thing? - December 9, 2013
- Like any techie would have - December 9, 2013