This week, check out the offerings at Cine+Mas, the San Francisco Latino Film Festival, plus reviews of quirky docs Beauty is Embarrassing and Cane Toads: The Conquest, in my overview here. Also, Los Angeles-based underground superstar Damon Packard visits Other Cinema Sat/15 with his latest, Foxfur; he chats about it here.
A pair of interview-reviews, as well: Dennis Harvey talks to Ira Sachs about dark relationship drama Keep the Lights On, and Kimberly Chun talks to Nicholas Jarecki about financial-world thriller Arbitrage. Harvey also writes up doc Girl Model, a devastating look at the global modeling industry.
Oh, and Hollywood? They're banking on you wanting to go under the sea (again) with Finding Nemo 3D. Shaaaaaark!
Most Commented On
- Even the U.N. Relief and - July 24, 2014
- Hamas purposefully targets - July 24, 2014
- Neighborhood NIMBYs again - July 24, 2014
- OCaJXcLIYWxevlDY - July 24, 2014
- Legendary San Francisco football pub - July 24, 2014
- It isn't just book stores. - July 24, 2014
- BDS has been an abject failure - July 24, 2014
- home Design - July 24, 2014
- Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank are not citizens - July 24, 2014
- Your article shows you have a - July 24, 2014