In this city, you can't walk, saunter, or sashay 50 feet without running into a drag queen. We are a queen-heavy city, and we love it. But ask the average Joe who their favorite faux queen is, and all you might get is a glazed look or a raised eyebrow.
Faux queens are drag queens stuck inside a woman's body -- women pretending to be men pretending to be women. A simple enough idea that got its due in 1995 when Diet Popstitute and Rooby Tuesday started the now-legendary Faux Queen Pageant. After a seven year hiatus, the tradition continued on September 16, bringing lashed lovelies from the deepest reaches of space who would give veteran drag queens a run for their money.
I got a chance to interview Bea Dazzler as she was briefly visiting earth from planet Faux Queen. I'll be honest, I never met a extra-terrestrial who loved women and animals so much.
Most Commented On
- Lilli is every bit as bad. - May 23, 2013
- Building a base a la SFist - May 23, 2013
- nikon coolpix l110 discounts - May 23, 2013
- what is Saffron Extract - May 23, 2013
- In the spirit of your comment - May 23, 2013
- Perfect for the SFBG - May 23, 2013
- What this map shows is that - May 23, 2013
- maybe the planning commission - May 23, 2013
- who's being a bigot now - May 23, 2013
- but saying that is simply rude - May 23, 2013