By Steven T. Jones
The mood at Canvas Cafe is a little glum and doesn't seem to fit the artsy, airy interior. They all know that it's over, and they can't stand to have lost to someone like Fiona Ma and the dirty campaign people fought on her behalf. Janet and Clint Reilly aren't here yet, so I'll keep this brief, with just one quote that seems to sum up the feelings of many of these volunteers, who fought hard to overcome Ma's early lead and establishment support. "When you work hard for the right reasons, it really sucks to lose the good ones, like tonight," said Alex Morrison, whom the campaign knows as Mo.
More after I write up the inspirational scene at the Prop. A party I just came from.
Most Commented On
- Mr Diridon really needs to go - March 7, 2014
- I take that as a sign that the NIMBY losers know they have lost - March 7, 2014
- Yes, Cw, only sycophantic adoration of SFBG is allowed here. - March 7, 2014
- *Say something, I'm giving up on you.* - March 7, 2014
- The reason Steven wants to go after AirBnB and not hosts is - March 7, 2014
- If A correlates to B and B corrrelates to C then the chances are - March 7, 2014
- This is one of the few issues where I agree with the SFBG - March 7, 2014
- tenants - March 7, 2014
- Wait a sec. I thought that - March 7, 2014
- No, the great myth is that the rich hate the poor. It's not true - March 7, 2014