By Tina Rodia
At Fiona Ma party, Irish Cultural Center
At 9:09 p.m., with 17 percent of the precincts reporting, Fiona Ma already had 59 percent of the votes. Supporters at the party, which is about 300 people large, include the Arab Antidiscrimination Association, the organizers for the North Beach Festival, and members of the Outer Sunset community, where Ma is the district supervisor.
The organizers of the North Beach Festival refer to the State Assembly District 12 candidate as "Fabulous Fiona." With drinks in hand, they are celebrating an early victory.
Approached by members of the media as she entered the room, Ma made statements regurgitating the standard "home ownership and business revenue are what's good for San Francisco" talking points from her campaign Web site, her political mentor, former state senator John Burton, at her side.
Most Commented On
- "Manhattanization" is not what makes a town boring! - May 22, 2013
- SF Pride's board demonstrated - May 22, 2013
- Sad. You must be in a really - May 22, 2013
- Bridging the gap between homelessness and function-ability - May 22, 2013
- Means Testing would be fair, - May 22, 2013
- ahhh.., such a magical - May 22, 2013
- Pets are one of the most - May 22, 2013
- Yes, we know, - May 22, 2013
- My husband and i say this all the time. - May 22, 2013
- then move.. - May 22, 2013