By Tina Rodia
At Fiona Ma party, Irish Cultural Center
At 9:09 p.m., with 17 percent of the precincts reporting, Fiona Ma already had 59 percent of the votes. Supporters at the party, which is about 300 people large, include the Arab Antidiscrimination Association, the organizers for the North Beach Festival, and members of the Outer Sunset community, where Ma is the district supervisor.
The organizers of the North Beach Festival refer to the State Assembly District 12 candidate as "Fabulous Fiona." With drinks in hand, they are celebrating an early victory.
Approached by members of the media as she entered the room, Ma made statements regurgitating the standard "home ownership and business revenue are what's good for San Francisco" talking points from her campaign Web site, her political mentor, former state senator John Burton, at her side.
Most Commented On
- Not sure my message worked: - July 12, 2014
- Not a SNF. Try St Anne's - July 12, 2014
- Re: why not a nursing home in the city? - July 12, 2014
- Ride-"sharing" is a fake - July 12, 2014
- Magnetic, Dynamic, Fully Present, Approachable - July 12, 2014
- Agreed - and public transit and its improvement is vital - July 12, 2014
- Just be more "discriminating" when renting. - July 12, 2014
- Guardian endorsements - July 12, 2014
- how i got my boyfriend back - July 12, 2014
- That's not the point. The - July 12, 2014