By Tim Redmond
At City Hall
First results are in, mostly the more-conservative absentees, and even so, there are some surprises. Leland Yee is way, way ahead in the state senate races, 66 percent to 27 percent (although part of the district is in San Mateo, so Yee can't quite celebrate yet.
Fiona Ma is well up on Janet Reilly, 58-41.
In the governor's race, Angelides and Westly are close, but Angelides is ahead, 47-44 percent. Remember, this is among absentees. I'd say that a good sign of Angelides taking San Francisco easily -- let's see what it means for the rest of the state.
Most Commented On
- Lee has handled this well, for two reasons - December 21, 2013
- We should protect people who don't have choices. - December 21, 2013
- Corporations paying a little less than they used to is very - December 21, 2013
- Greg, what should tech bosses be more impressed with? - December 21, 2013
- Affordable housing in a place like SF cannot happen - December 21, 2013
- Yes, Paul is correct here. We are seeing RE appreciation in - December 21, 2013
- We've had inflation for decades now and through all - December 21, 2013
- BART is funded by taxes and fares - December 21, 2013
- Guest, you have a one track - December 21, 2013
- Quite the revelation, that - December 21, 2013