By Steven T. Jones
Janet Reilly finally came to the stage just before 10:30 to concede a race that wasn't as close as many expected. "I am so proud of our efforts today and what we did over the course of this campaign," she said through a newscaster's smile that masked her obvious disappointment. "We were bold and courageous, we were innovative, and we did take chances."
In the end, though, the Ma machine was just too much, something she didn't say, not mentioning her opponent. Instead she ran through a long list of "thank yous," starting with her tireless campaign manager Alex Laskey and ending with her husband, controversial political consultant Clint Reilly, whom her opponents and most journalists tried to put the focus on throughout the campaign. "Thank you for believing in me," she said to him. And then she addressed the whole group: "Thank you for standing up for change. You will forever be in my heart."
Most Commented On
- Your repulsive. - May 22, 2013
- Lil Reese - May 22, 2013
- Oro11 and Shawn Reynaldo - May 22, 2013
- Xorauguynagazsy - May 22, 2013
- What is "staggering expense" if City doesn't repair potholes? - May 22, 2013
- Enjoy our clothing free lifestyle! - May 22, 2013
- Are you Single and a Nudist? - May 22, 2013
- nudist dating - May 22, 2013
- Public employee unions suck... - May 21, 2013
- interesting - May 21, 2013