By Steven T. Jones
Janet Reilly finally came to the stage just before 10:30 to concede a race that wasn't as close as many expected. "I am so proud of our efforts today and what we did over the course of this campaign," she said through a newscaster's smile that masked her obvious disappointment. "We were bold and courageous, we were innovative, and we did take chances."
In the end, though, the Ma machine was just too much, something she didn't say, not mentioning her opponent. Instead she ran through a long list of "thank yous," starting with her tireless campaign manager Alex Laskey and ending with her husband, controversial political consultant Clint Reilly, whom her opponents and most journalists tried to put the focus on throughout the campaign. "Thank you for believing in me," she said to him. And then she addressed the whole group: "Thank you for standing up for change. You will forever be in my heart."
Most Commented On
- music widgets for wordpress - December 13, 2013
- music widgets for websites - December 13, 2013
- music windows gadgets for windows 7 - December 13, 2013
- Translation of that lofty - December 13, 2013
- "Might want to try that sober - December 13, 2013
- More whining from a ardently - December 13, 2013
- Agreed. I don't think tech - December 13, 2013
- Street wall art is becoming a - December 13, 2013
- "Cycling is popular with tech - December 13, 2013
- stainless steel - December 13, 2013