By Steven T. Jones
Janet Reilly finally came to the stage just before 10:30 to concede a race that wasn't as close as many expected. "I am so proud of our efforts today and what we did over the course of this campaign," she said through a newscaster's smile that masked her obvious disappointment. "We were bold and courageous, we were innovative, and we did take chances."
In the end, though, the Ma machine was just too much, something she didn't say, not mentioning her opponent. Instead she ran through a long list of "thank yous," starting with her tireless campaign manager Alex Laskey and ending with her husband, controversial political consultant Clint Reilly, whom her opponents and most journalists tried to put the focus on throughout the campaign. "Thank you for believing in me," she said to him. And then she addressed the whole group: "Thank you for standing up for change. You will forever be in my heart."
Most Commented On
- REjFcnpKIuXcLVMWu - July 25, 2014
- The bike lanes are actually - July 25, 2014
- Sure, if I scaled back my life, I would drive less - July 25, 2014
- You benefit from vehicles and roads even if you do not own a car - July 25, 2014
- LOL, so I have to produce evidence but you do not? - July 25, 2014
- yUomWWJqsFXwS - July 25, 2014
- Local journalists starting to catch onto Airbnb's subversion of - July 25, 2014
- My stars! - July 25, 2014
- Very Good Site - July 25, 2014
- Reading Comprehension Much? - July 24, 2014