By Tim Redmond
At City Hall
Well, our resident expert on political predictions, Chris Bowman, who is that rarest of creatures (a smart Republican), stopped by with his predictions. He estimates 42 to 44 percent turnout city wide, which is actually better than I had expected. That's based on a formula for predicting turnout based on absentees that he's used for about 15 years.
Ted Gullicksen of the Tenants Union was here also, worrying that the turnout would be higher on the west side, since that's where all the action's been. (Reilly-Ma and Nevin-Yee have big, well-funded GOTV operations and have run very, very visible campaigns). High westside turnout would be bad for the pro-tenant Prop. B and would help the Laguna Honda fraud, Prop. D.
But Bowman says not to worry about that -- he says most people are turning out to vote for governor, and that the voting will be heavily Democratic on both sides of town.
Most Commented On
- The Royal Botanic Gardens in London charge about $25. - June 19, 2013
- Xorauguynanuogv - June 19, 2013
- Lamenting Tin Redmond's demise - June 19, 2013
- Come on, give Stephen Buel a chance here. - June 19, 2013
- attracted to the ladies like a heat-seeking missile. - June 19, 2013
- You clearly have never taken a risk. - June 19, 2013
- No, he is correct. Abbreviations are correctly pluralized with - June 19, 2013
- The people who read the articles may still be around some - June 19, 2013
- It's not about money trumping anything. - June 19, 2013
- Got it, Lucretia, that makes sense, and thank you. - June 19, 2013