Assemblyman Mark Leno's industrial hemp bill is headed for the state Senate, and the OC Weekly's staff blog has a wonderful interview with the "joint" author, Republican Chuck DeVore. Devore, a lieutenant colonel in the national guard and hardly a pot-smoking San Francisco liberal, just thinks the bill makes good policy sense. Why shouldn't California farmers be able to grow a product that it's perfectly legal to import from Canada?
George Skelton of the LA Times has an interesting hit: The guv, he points out, seems to like the nutritional supplements industry, and hemp oil makes for great supplements. Is there any way he can still veto this bill?
Most Commented On
- Not just young people, but - June 17, 2013
- Thanks! - June 17, 2013
- All daft and no punk - June 17, 2013
- I knew there was something I liked better about Garcetti - June 17, 2013
- funny - questionable. - June 17, 2013
- Newsflash - June 17, 2013
- Worrying about Tim R's future - June 17, 2013
- As It Is For The City, So It Is For Most Who Comment Here - June 17, 2013
- SCOTUS - June 17, 2013
- You lost me at "always warm". - June 17, 2013