By Tim Redmond
Gavin Newsom is endorsing Rob Black, a former aide to Michela Alioto-Pier, for supervisor in District Six. That's an obvious -- and entirely predictable -- slap at the incumbent, Chris Daly. But I'm with Randy Shaw on this one; he points out in Beyond Chron that Daly is still immensely popular in the district and that almost nobody in the South of Market area has ever heard of Rob Black.
The San Francisco Sentinel reported somethat effusively on Black's press conference with the mayor. There's also an interesting (again, effusive) story about Black and a response from Daly's office that makes it look like Black shot off his mouth without checking his facts.
Most Commented On
- The cost overruns are not - August 1, 2014
- Sad to say, Petrelis would be - August 1, 2014
- The money to build it comes from the feds - August 1, 2014
- XkoKnToehiZ - August 1, 2014
- eorCozAvkypQNPCZJb - August 1, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - August 1, 2014
- Sorry, this is not the Ed Lee I voted for. - August 1, 2014
- An alternate decent show - August 1, 2014
- I think he is - August 1, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - August 1, 2014