It was cool to hear Sup. Gerardo Sandoval give it up for all the immigrant workers, documented or undocumented, as he read a resolution at the Board of Supes meeting that supports the Immigrant Workers Rights' March to be held over Labor Day Weekend.
An estimated 75,000 immigrant workers and their supporters protested in SF on May 1, 2006 and another demonstration is planned for the first weekend in September.
"The Board of Supes acknowledges the endless contributions of immigrant workers to the City by supporting their right to peacefully demonstrate over Labor Day weekend," read Sandoval, adding that the "immigrants participating are not followers, but leaders. It's our duty to protect SF workers, immigrants or not."
Most Commented On
- The Suburbanites (the lost tribe) - July 10, 2014
- Protect local power and control - July 10, 2014
- The Chronicle ran an article - July 10, 2014
- They probably got them from facebook - July 10, 2014
- How prophet Ogunjimi saved my marriage - July 10, 2014
- Time to just legalize recreational use - July 10, 2014
- Dude, recycling is collected at your home. - July 10, 2014
- What about the city's monopoly on almost everything it does - July 10, 2014
- Posting personal photos is very creepy - July 10, 2014
- GuestHope is a troll. Ignore him. - July 10, 2014