By Tim Redmond
I've been around a long time in city politics, and seen a lot of strange things, but even by my standards, it's pretty darn wierd to see the Bay Area Reporter, a queer community paper, taking issue with the fact that a candidate for supervisor dresses in (mildly) outrageous clothes at Burning Man -- and (gasp!) admits she might have even taken drugs at that annual desert party. Lordy, lordy, she even calls herself a "freak."
Nice to see that Robert Haaland, who had endorsed Dufty, agrees with me that it's "distasteful to hear politicos make snide remarks about her, about her attendance at Burning Man, and about her fondness for freaks."
Has District 8 become so straight that the folks there can't handle a "freak?" Even in these uber-gentrified days, that's pretty hard to imagine.
Most Commented On
- Silly person - trolls are so - March 13, 2014
- Actually, it was peaceful - March 13, 2014
- David Chiu is owned by - March 13, 2014
- no they are just poor workers - March 13, 2014
- All the people mentioned - March 13, 2014
- Other parents not as smart as Eric Mar - March 13, 2014
- "Social Justice" means the same as - March 13, 2014
- The reservation of the mind - March 13, 2014
- Construction in SF can begin at 7AM you idiot - March 13, 2014
- The fact that use the "Big Soda" - March 13, 2014