By Tim Redmond
I've been around a long time in city politics, and seen a lot of strange things, but even by my standards, it's pretty darn wierd to see the Bay Area Reporter, a queer community paper, taking issue with the fact that a candidate for supervisor dresses in (mildly) outrageous clothes at Burning Man -- and (gasp!) admits she might have even taken drugs at that annual desert party. Lordy, lordy, she even calls herself a "freak."
Nice to see that Robert Haaland, who had endorsed Dufty, agrees with me that it's "distasteful to hear politicos make snide remarks about her, about her attendance at Burning Man, and about her fondness for freaks."
Has District 8 become so straight that the folks there can't handle a "freak?" Even in these uber-gentrified days, that's pretty hard to imagine.
Most Commented On
- Your repulsive. - May 22, 2013
- Lil Reese - May 22, 2013
- Oro11 and Shawn Reynaldo - May 22, 2013
- Xorauguynagazsy - May 22, 2013
- What is "staggering expense" if City doesn't repair potholes? - May 22, 2013
- Enjoy our clothing free lifestyle! - May 22, 2013
- Are you Single and a Nudist? - May 22, 2013
- nudist dating - May 22, 2013
- Public employee unions suck... - May 21, 2013
- interesting - May 21, 2013