By Steven T. Jones
Despite Mayor Gavin Newsom's rhetorical efforts to dismiss the importance of ideology in San Francisco politics, this is a town the is deeply divided between progressives and Establishment moderate-to-conservatives. And the battle we fight is an important one that will determine whether San Francisco remains open to low-wage workers, tolerant of diversity, and a leader in combatting the dismal and divisive policies being perpetrated on the state and federal levels.
OK, OK, maybe y'all know that. But to get more insights in where the battlelines are drawn in San Francisco -- right down to the level of individual precincts and neighborhoods -- you'll need to spend a little time studying the latest version of the Progressive Voters Index. Kudos to political scientists Rich DeLeon and David Latterman -- and the good folks over at www.sfusualsuspects -- for providing this valuable resource.
Most Commented On
- Hello What a great and - April 18, 2014
- Hello I am carol - April 18, 2014
- i am Michael Davis from Los - April 18, 2014
- WSTIplStATvoUMI - April 18, 2014
- tifhALBCiBgXohWZjVNj - April 18, 2014
- QcWUdNcXLTWG - April 18, 2014
- FLkyXhOlYKUEYFqR - April 18, 2014
- MaTyjnUVgg - April 18, 2014
- OcyjxZQpLjtVfDgtVQa - April 18, 2014
- ZHXpfhPVpo - April 18, 2014